Self Employed Mortgages
Getting a mortgage when you’re self-employed can be frustrating and complicated. Being self-employed should not preclude you from owning your own home. Getting the right advice is key as your eligibility may be compromised and the application process is often more complex.
We’re experienced in arranging mortgages for those who work for themselves, including:
- Sole traders
- Limited company directors
- Self-employed people with less than three years’ accounts or who have only been trading for 1 year
Self Employed Mortgage Advice
Although your employment may be long-term or more secure than other employed roles, most lenders see self-employed people as a risk. Income is harder to prove and may not always be consistent, which makes for a less appealing investment.
We discuss your circumstances and requirements to find lenders who offer options that meet your situation and requirements. Our mortgage expert can research the whole market to find suitable options and liaise with lenders before submitting an application. This is key, as being turned down for a mortgage can negatively affect your credit score, which may affect any future applications.
The Mortgage Process
From the start of the process, we are here to help you.
- We spend time to talk with you about your requirements and work our what you need from a mortgage
- We will help you assess your income and any existing financial commitments to determine what you can afford
- Work with you to find the best mortgage to suit your individual needs
- Explain the available types of mortgages and their associated costs
- Provide you with full mortgage illustrations and complete the application on your behalf
- Provide advice on insurance
- We will take care of the full application process, liaising with the lender on your behalf
Please note, your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.